Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Perhaps this is a new beginning or perhaps it is nothing at all, I am not the one to decide.

I find it interesting that when around certain circles (usually older ones) saying the word "blog" can be fun. I usually get strange looks because apparently, "blog" sounds like a dirty word. I am not sure if this is true but it still lends itself to fun regardless. So you see, blogging can be fun despite the fact that no one around you knows what the heck it means. Even now Microsoft Word says that the word “blog” does not exist. That being stated, I have come to the conclusion that I should blog more frequently and not just in the "I-thought-this-was-funny-so-you-should-think-it's-funny-too" sense. I do this not because I am any more brilliant than the next fellow, nor that I have something to say that has not been said already. No, I suppose the real reason is so I have a place to organize my thoughts and aspirations. It might, could be that my thoughts could seem a bit scattered about now and that my brain needs an outlet through my fingers, onto the screen, through my eyes, and into my heart.

I must admit however, I am doing this for my own good. Selfish as that may be at least it's the truth. I do ask that you join me as a companion on this awkward road of self-discovery. I can always use someone to talk to. Someone to share joy and sorrow with. Someone to tell me I'm wrong and to tell me it's ok. I hope to use this road as a way to shed light on who I am and who I have become. I hope to use it as a way to become who I am in my Creator who beckons me wholly to be holy.

Last but not least... I spend way to much time awake late at night doing nothing.
Hopefully this will change that.
-Chris

(for all you nay-sayers who say that I blog to much… b-b-b-baby you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet)

1 comment:

Purple said...

Like the "might could be" reference! :o)

Think writing is a way of forcing oneself to confront resolution; of solidifying intellectual musing by 'pouring it into the mold' of the written word.

Think it's brave, too, to lend others a glimpse of that transformation process, because - much as we strive to be holy - it is only in those raw moments of self-discovery, where we see our destitution, that we begin any sanctification.

...You've now entered "the danger zone!" :o)