Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Tomorrow I will be going to the State Youth Conference in San Jose! It should be friggin sweet! When I return I will have 8 million pictures to post and I will post them all. Ok Drop me a line while I am gone. I hope you all had an awesome Christmas. Peas out!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
(just kidding I really don't care if you comment or not it's just nice to hear from people.)
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Saturday, December 17, 2005
I walk upon the leaves and cement
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Friday, December 02, 2005
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Friday, November 18, 2005
Monday, November 14, 2005
Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.
I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
Come and Listen
Come and listen
come to the waters edge all you who know and fear the Lord
Come and listen come to the waters edge all You who are thirsty come
Let me tell you what He has done for me
Let me tell you what He has done for me
He has done for you, he has done for us
Come and listen come and listen to what He has done
Come and listen, come and listen to what He has done
Praise our God for He is good
He has done for me
He has done for you
He has done for us
Thursday, November 10, 2005
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
I just finished reading "PRAISE HABIT, Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi" by David Crowder. Just to express how much I love this book I will tell you that I bought it on Friday and finished it on Tuesday. (A small feat but quite uncanny for a non-reader such as myself) I encourage all to read it. I would explain more but I must go do my homework.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Sunday, October 16, 2005
How to Beat Elevator Boredom
2) Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
3) Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.
4) Call the Psychic Hotline from your cell phone and ask if
they know what floor your on.
5) Hold the doors open and say your waiting for a friend. After a while, let the doors close, and say, "Hi Gregg. How's your day been?"
6) Drop a pen and wait until someone goes to pick it up, then scream, "That's mine!"
7) Bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.
8) Move your desk into the elevator and whenever anyone gets on, ask if they have an appointment.
9) Lay down the twister mat and ask people if they would like to play.
10) Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on, ask them if they can hear ticking.
11) Pretend you are a flight attendant and review emergency procedures and exits with the passengers.
12) Ask, "Did you feel that?"
13) Stand really close to someone, sniffing them occasionally.
14) When the doors close, announce to the others, "It's okay, don't panic, they open again!"
15) Swat at flies that don't exist.
16) Call out, "Group Hug!" and then enforce it.
17) Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, "Shut up, all of you, just shut up!"
18) Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, "Got enough air in there?"
19) Stand silently and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
20) Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce in horror, "Your one of THEM!" and back away slowly.
21) Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to the
22) Listen to the elevator walls with your stethoscope.
23) Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
24) Stare, grinning at another passenger for a while, then announce, "I have new socks on".
Saturday, October 15, 2005
P.S. Does anyone have cool name ideas for a Sunday night young adult service? (ya' gotta have a wicked-boss name like everyone else... Jesus said so, somewhere in the book of Noah I think. j/k)
Please reply or e-mail 'em to me. Peace.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Saturday, August 20, 2005
Perhaps we should go back...
For a bit of a history lesson about a few months ago it was put on my heart to minister to others. To stop hiding behind a guitar or music stand and start to disciple myself and those with "a little less experience" than me, whatever that means. I have been struggling with just how to do that in a more specific sense.
So... here's the deal. Just the other day someone requested for us (my church) to begin some sort of an outreach for the unsaved and sort of a believers 101 for college age people like myself.
Seems like a no-brainer right?
Not really. You see, I already feel so over-committed and stretched between ministries and work and school and... everything! I don't know if God's will is for me to start something myself, to pray for something to come along, or to just not do anything. (I'm pretty sure it's not the last one)
Whatever it is please pray along with me. I need all the help I can get.
In other news:
- I put a "guestmap" in my linkbar. Please put a marker on it so I know if anyone actually reads this stuff : )
-Please pray for some people in my church who have lost loved ones.
-Pray for the new school year and students and the various outreaches going on
-I'm sure I forgot many things
Anyway, I hope you all are well. I will post again sooner than you think. Please feel free to post prayer requests and comments like always.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
God loved you before you were even born. His arms were around you before you ever knew your mother's embrace. You are in His thoughts a thousand times over. He loves you from the heights and from the depths of His being, His love covers you today and clothes you today. You live in the atmosphere of His love and inhale it with every breath of your spirit.
(p.s. check out the title link)
Friday, May 27, 2005
Monday, May 09, 2005
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Monday, April 18, 2005
-HoHo the Dagron
Oh yeah... read all this other stuff below please. It makes me feel cool. God Bless!
Friday, April 15, 2005
Thursday, January 20, 2005
What up everybody! I found a way around the funkiness of my blog. So... here we go.
I was driving along on the west end of Chico (A sort of run down part of town and where all the college students live) some time ago and saw a gigantic billboard with huge white words among a black background that read:
"if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your
sins." - Jesus
What kind of witness is that to a dying world of who Christ is? Come on! Who had the gall to think that this would make more people come to church? If you had no clue who Christ was and were going along one day and read this sign, what would you think? Not only does it come off cold and heartless, but they took it completely out of context as well. The scripture they are quoting is from John 8:24. In this part Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees (mega-religious Jews, the ones that wanted to kill Him) in the treasury and they are asking who he was (he had already told them before) He was telling them how they were of this world and he was not and how Him and the Father were one. He was speaking to the ones who knew the law of God, the "church leaders" if you will. The Pharisees were more into the religion of their time than the relationship that God had wanted of them. They could not see beyond the words of the law. They forgot that the law had meaning as well. Verse 52 of chapter 8 reads... " if anyone keeps of My word, he will never taste of death. "
It seems at times we Christians can get so caught up on our little "crusades" we almost forget about anything else but whether or not xyz will do abc. Or if xyz can marry xyz. We forget the great commission and what Jesus has taught us to do. We picket clinics, rally around court buildings, we just have to buy that sticker for our car so people will know exactly what we think, we determine who should be "allowed" in our little church by how good they are, and we put up stupid billboards that basically say "YOU SUCK, I DON'T -GOD" Maybe it is because above all of these things we forget that Jesus said in John 13:
"...A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another..."
"...If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prohecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing...."