Tuesday, March 25, 2008

(Because "April-ing On" Sounds Lame)

Hey party people. It is I returning victoriously... from... something. Not sure what though. I think it was a Pollo Asada Burrito from Meeho's. Deliciouso!

So, anyhow, I keep getting yelled at to update my blog. Not that I didn't want to, I have just been extremely busy for quite some time. With what? Well...

I just finished leading an Easter choir at my church which was an amazing time. Pics? Maybe. There were about 140 people in my church Sunday and it was great to have so many new faces.

If you haven't heard, I got into an accident last week and my car is in the body shop. Not a big deal, just a pain in the neck (get it?) to get around since the magic age for renting a car is 25 and not 24. My neck was hurting for a while but it went away so we'll see what happens with that. My knee put a crack in the dashboard. Whoo!

I'm going on day 2 of my little 2 day sabbatical that I really shouldn't have put off for so long. My intent for today was to catch up on things that I've been putting off. Instead, I did pretty much nothing today and I've decided that really isn't a bad thing. Hey, if God took a day off, what makes me think I can go without one? I've been sort of running ragged the past few weeks and it's mostly because Mandy and I haven't stopped long enough to see each other much. That's really hard on me because I'm like a golden retriever that gets lonely without the one it is attached to (go ahead... make the dog/master joke. I don't care). We got to spend a lot of time together today which was wonderful because it's so rare. (I imagine this is where I would put that absence makes the heart grow fonder). Here's a tip kiddies, the secret to a great marriage... don't ever see each other! (I keed, I keed)

Actually, Mandy and I are having such a great time together. Every so often times will get tough but it's nothing (by God's grace) that we can't handle. She is such an amazing woman and it's so great to see us grow closer to each other and closer to God. If I'm honest, I've learned that it is when we actively seek what God would want for us that we grow even closer as a couple.

All in all it's been a great month. I got to see someone very dear to Mandy and I come to know Jesus only yesterday. Whoo! I can only hope that Mandy and I can keep this person from doing so many of the silly things we've done. I am not worthy of the call I've been given yet I am overwhelmingly thankful that it is the one I've been given.

Wow! What a month! I guess it's a good thing I sat and did this. Thanks to you annoying blog readers for bugging me enough to do this. HA!

Peace out fo'rizzle.

(Or something like that)

No comments: