Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stuff Christians Like

So it has been a while since I've done the whole "I-thought-this-was-funny-so-you-should-too" blog but it's mostly because those times have been filled with less-than-bloggable-but-still-funny LOLcats, LOLdogs ,and even the occasional LOLgraph. (Did you notice how I still posted links in the same breath that I was saying why I wasn't going to?)


You all know I love a good sarcastic ribbing. Or a good satirical shake-up. Even as I type this I am thinking that there are far too many hyphens in this post. All that aside, I have stumbled upon a great site.

Basically a rip-off of the not-as-funny stuff white people like, a guy has made a great humor site called Stuff Christians Like. Here is an excerpt (one that I continually guffawed at while reading).

#154. Breaking up after a retreat.

Next to unpacking, dumping your boyfriend or girlfriend is our favorite thing to do after a church retreat. We can't help it. The retreat speaker always tells us on Saturday night, "If there's anything you need to lay down before the cross tonight, to give up to God, come down and do it. Don't wait, this is your chance." And you are the first thing we think of. So we decide with our retreat friends that we are going to do it. This relationship is over. And then on Sunday afternoon when we get back, we call you and have the following conversation:

Girl:
"The retreat was good, it gave me a lot to think about."


Guy:
"Really? Like what?"


Girl:

"Well, I think you and I have grown apart."


Guy:
"You've been gone for 44 hours and were 119 miles away, what do you mean?"


Girl:

"God just really laid it on my heart that I should focus on him and not this relationship."


Guy:
"God told you to
dump me?"

And so forth. The moral of this story is that if your girlfriend or boyfriend is going on a retreat, you better go too. Unless it's an all girl's retreat. And mission trips are even worse. Your girlfriend is going to start seeing Mark, that awkward but kind of cute guy, in a whole new light during that mission trip. It's a light called, "Look at Mark feed hungry children in Africa while my boyfriend plays Xbox back in Ohio."

Don't say I didn't warn you.


Unlike many things that I link to, this one actually has quite a bit of spiritual "impact," if you will. Most of the time it's all laughs but every-so-often there's a post that will hit you (or smack you) in a good direction.

So, check out some of the stuff Christians like. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you see the list of the 10 best Christian ways of dumping a boyfriend/girlfriend?

My favorite is "God told me that our relationship is over"

like He would really come down and tell you to dump a guy.