Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday Update

The week(end) that was:

Well, I guess it's not technically a part of the weekend, but this past Thursday night Mandy and I went to the Sierra Butte Baptist Association Christmas Dinner held for ministers and their families. It was nice catching up with old friends who really aren't that far away, just terribly busy. Congrats to Brad and Jessica Hays on their good news! This weekend was fairly calm for as busy as it was. Our little buddy Dozer had a good time at the new Dog Park in Chico. Saturday morning I started out early and groggy. I got to the dog park before they even opened and had to park outside the gates. It seems that Chico has really bad fog in the morning and Saturday was no exception. I watched him play for about an hour with some other (messy) dogs that managed to soil me as well. I spent the rest of the morning in preparation for Sunday either by doing music practice or getting ready for Sunday school. I went to get Mandy from work and then, yup once again, we went to the dog park. This time there were a ton of people (and their dogs) running around like crazy. It seems like a cool place to go. The funniest part was when Dozer watched the big dogs lift their legs and he tried to do it too. It was, according to Mandy, really cute. Weird girl.

That evening we had the Mall Invasion. That was a good time although by the end my feet were dead from walking around the mall a billion times regulatin'. I guess that's why you don't walk a lot when wearing Converse. There were quite a few people from both Churches that showed up and we all seemed to have a rockin' time.

esterday was a good church service. Things seemed a little "slow" in the first service. As in, "I-think-we-all-need-to-get-up-and-take-a-field-trip-to-Starbucks-for-some-caffeine-because-honestly-it's-bringing-me-down" slow. Maybe it's just me projecting the fact that I had a pretty rough time getting started yesterday morning. It was fun doing Christmas songs though. I tried doing more of them because what usually ends up happening each year is that I wait till it's almost Christmas and then I wish I had more time to sing more Christmas songs. Meh.

That night Mandy and I had a good time watching an old movie that we both like.
Ok, more like she sits politely while I quote most of the lines.

"The man on the motorcycle, I hit him with a burrito!

Where I am at the moment:

I'm in the office. I woke up this morning feeling pretty sick. I think I have a sequel to the first cold. Like most sequels, I didn't ask for it, and it probably will be worse than the first one. Although Battlefield: Earth never needed a sequel to be bad.

On my to-do list this week:

This week is the business meeting that I get my youth budget in. I hope it goes well – God provides exactly what we need. Also, I have to get with Brad about State Youth Conference. There isn't anything big planned until Sunday. Saturday I have to do some practicing with the bus in preparation for my test on Tuesday the 16th. I eventually need to have an important talk with somebody about something cool. (it's not a baby.)

Procrastinating about:

I think I'm getting caught up. I have been putting updating the website. Honestly, that thing drives me nuts. I am too impatient for it.

Book I'm in the midst of:

I pretty much abandoned Vintage Jesus for the time being. I just got another book in that I've read before but lost called The Radical Reformission: Reaching Out Without Selling Out that I actually would like to read again. I think the first time I read it, I missed a lot of stuff. It should be a good and fast read though.

Music that seemed to catch my attention this past week.

I started to listen to some Relient K a lot this week. Also, it's funny but lately I've been listening to some older Papa Roach from back in the day when I had spiky black hair, wore all Dickies, and was angry a lot. (no, I was not angry a lot this week – Heh)

Oh how the world has changed. I guess it's been a retro week. Check out Last.fm if you haven't already. It's pretty sweet.

How I'm feeling about this week:

I'm hoping my cold (or possible Bronchitis which the only advantage to is the fact that the cough syrup they give you makes you not care about being sick, or even getting stabbed I think) doesn't get the better of me and turn me into a whiny jerk all week. I'm pretty sure it won't but if you see me and I am being a whiny jerk, feel free to correct me then give me some DayQuil or some Halls Mentholyptus or some Riiiiiiicola! I seriously turn into a cough drop drug dealer when I am sick.

Thank you Jesus – Zing! (Andy will get that one)

So, what would be a horrible movie sequel? Also, what do you do when you are sick?

No comments: