Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Makapala, Kapa’au Town, & Kohala

To me… right now… It's late.

Now those of you that know me know that 10:30 is usually not all that late for me.

Usually…

Right now though, I am seriously out of it. I can hardly move. Between dancing and singing with 30 kids for 3 hours and helping put in sub-floor in the hot sun, I am pooped and drained of anything once recognizable as energy.

Energy is a funny thing. One second you're going full bore and the next you hardly can stand.

Today was one of those days.

VBS is going great. As I mentioned earlier, there are about 30 kids coming to VBS at the Makapala Retreat Center which is across the street from our job site and Kohala Baptist Church. The kids are full of energy and are quite entertaining most of the time. I am in charge of the music rotations this week and we have already learned 3 songs. Tomorrow is "The ABC Strategy". It should be pretty cute as far as kids songs go. I am fully prepared to have these songs stuck in my head for the next year or so. All of that means that I will have to do VBS next year to get more songs stuck in my head to push the old ones out.

Our building has slowed. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to put up the walls this trip. Well we could build them but all that would happen is that they would twist and warp in the wind and rain. So for now, we have to clean it all up and finish putting primer on the wood so it won't get damaged before the next team comes. It's kind of a bummer but that's the way it goes sometimes. Ok, I am falling asleep. Goodnight

Aloha a hui hou!

No comments: